The CUA41215 - Certificate IV in Screen and Media offered by the CMTO is designed for people who are interested in holding a wide range of skills in audio production and broadcasting. The CMTO also offers students enrolled in the course a number of opportunities to develop their online skills through the CMTO professional development program for Certificate IV students.
Feature and Documentary Making and Outside Broadcasting
This short course concentrates on creative production skills for documentary and feature making. Whether it’s investigative documentary making or creative storytelling, this course covers the skills you need to make high quality pre-recorded content.
During this course you will:
- Attend masterclasses with guest lecturers and tutors.
- Join a listening room and forum to reflect and discuss good story telling and production.
- Attend monthly webinars.
- Meet fortnightly with your supervisor.
- Produce a long-form documentary from the research stage through to the final master.
- Produe an outside broadcast
- Attend professional development opportunities offered by the CMTO including short one day courses and webinars.
Units of Competency:
BSBSMB301 Investigate micro business opportunities
CUAWHS302 Apply work health and safety practices
BSBCRT401 Articulate, present and debate ideas
CUAAIR201 Develop techniques for presenting information on air
CUASOU202 Perform basic sound editing
CUAPPM302 Plan and prepare program content
CUAWRT301 Write content for a range of media
CUAWRT403 Write narration and material for current affairs, features and documentaries
CUARES402 Conduct research
CUASOU407 Edit sound
CUASOU405 Record Sound
CUABRT404 Coordinate Outside Broadcasts
If you are interested in getting training started at your organisation contact the CMTO here.