Did you know that more than a quarter of community radio listeners have a disability?
We need more of them on the radio and YOU can help make that happen. Show us what you are doing as a station to make community radio more accessible to people with a disability (PWD).
Make a short video (3-5 minutes) giving us a look inside your station at what you are doing to be more accessible and inclusive for PWD. Your video will help other stations be more accessible too!
The CMTO are offering $500 to the station that makes the best video as judged by the people!
You can use professional video equipment if you have it, or you can use a smart phone, as long as the quality is good enough for us to see and hear the exciting things happening at your station. We prefer 720p quality.
If you haven’t got a camera, or any experience making a video, check out these handy video, iphone and smart phone guides.
The deadline for this competition is March 1, 2018.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Your video must show some of the ways your community radio station has helped people with a disability to be included in the station in any capacity. It can include testimonials or short interviews from volunteers, as well as in-action demonstrations of what your station is doing
2. Videos can be between 3 and 5 minutes long
3. Videos are preferred to be at 720p. If you do not have access to a camera of that quality, we will consider videos make with smartphone in horizontal orientation (ie. wider, with phone on it’s side). The acceptance of phone videos will be conditional on the quality
5. All videos will remain the copyright property of the maker however, by entering this competition you are conferring Creative Commons usage rights to the CMTO and anyone else who wishes to show your video, provided they do not change it or use any part of it separately. The CMTO and others must attribute you as the creator . Read about the Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license.
6. The winner will be decided by popular vote on the entries as posted on CMTO's Youtube channel.
7. You must seek the approval of your community radio station management before entering the competition.
or phone (02) 9318 9626