Communications Assistant – Community Media Training Organisation
- Work in the creative industries for a highly regarded registered training organisation.
- Part-time position, flexible working hours.
- Convenient Sydney location near Redfern Station.
The Community Media Training Organisation is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 91800), delivering accredited and non-accredited training to community broadcasters around Australia.
The CMTO's mission statement is 'Media Skills for All'.
In a world where the media is becoming increasingly accessible, we are committed to delivering high quality and innovative training using the latest education tools both online and face to face.
About the role:
The CMTO is looking for a Communications Assistant to help execute CMTO’s communications strategy, communicate with external stakeholders, manage and monitor social media, increase the reach of the organisation and develop innovative projects which reflect changes in technology.
- Maintain CMTO’s contact lists & external communication schedule.
- Update content on the CMTO website & social media.
- Edit and produce written, visual and video content.
- Program and produce Facebook Live sessions.
- Develop campaigns, including social media strategy and budgets.
- Write reports analysing and tracking engagement.
Who are we looking for?
The CMTO is looking for a candidate with at least 2 years of experience in communications and impeccable writing skills and editorial judgement. They need to be highly efficient and focused and able to work independently. The right person will also have:
- Good knowledge of video editing in Premiere Pro and photo editing software.
- The ability to use graphic design software e.g. Canva
- Advanced SEO and social analytics skills.
- Experience in tracking audience growth and social engagement.
- High organisational skills.
- An understanding of Marketing Policies and Procedures.
- Experience in the Community Media and/or Education sectors.
Please provide us with a written cover letter addressing the above skills areas and links to any written or visual work, PLUS a Curriculum Vitae.
Work type: Part-Time- 15hrs p/wk, 12-month contract.
Application deadline: 04/06/2018