The Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO) is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. This statement explains how we handle your personal information.
Where we use the words ‘we’ and ‘us’ in this document, it means the CMTO.
Privacy Notice & Student Declaration
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, The Community Media Training Organisation is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (information or an opinion about me, collected from me, my parent or guardian, such as my name, unique student identifier, date of birth, contact details, training outcomes and performance, or sensitive personal information; including my ethnicity or health information) may be used or disclosed by The Community Media Training Organisation for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. The Community Media Training Organisation may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Department of Education and Communities (NSW Smart and Skilled).
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
- Community Broadcasting Foundation (CBF)
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- Facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- Understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- Administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
Personal information disclosed to NSW Department of Education and Communities may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Any purpose relating to the exercise of their government functions
- The evaluation and assessment of your training
- Determination of your eligibility to receive subsidised training or for any Fee Exemptions or Concessions.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third-party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
The NSW Department of Education and Communities may contact you by telephone, email or post during or after you have ceased subsidised training with the CMTO for the purposes of evaluating and assessing your subsidised training under the Smart and Skilled program.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
The information provided by you on this application form will be used by the CMTO for the purposes of general student administration, planning and communication. You may access, correct or amend your personal details by contacting the CMTO office.
Access to personal information
You can access the personal information we hold on you, except when government legislation requires or authorises the refusal of access.
To access your personal information, you will need to contact the administration department in writing and specify the type/s of information you wish to view. You will be required to provide proof of identification.
Storage & Security
We will take reasonable steps to maintain the privacy and security of personal information. We ensure this by having such security measures as:
- storing electronic information on a secure server with restricted access
- storing paper-based documents securely on our premises
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose.
Resolving privacy concerns
If you wish to raise a concern about a privacy matter should contact the administration department.
A Privacy Statement (Form 27) is available for all persons in contact with the CMTO, to identify the way in which personal information is handled by the CMTO.