We've been awarded funding for more training by the CBF! Over the next four years, the CMTO will be delivering a range of business skills related activities to enhance business, leadership, management and social enterprise skills for people volunteering or working in community media.
Training opportunities will include:
- The delivery of 14 short courses in business management, from the Creative Arts and Culture Training Package including making a presentation, compliance requirements, managing budgets & financial plans, recruitment & induction, leadership, business planning, managing volunteers and working effectively in the creative arts industry.
- A sector-wide leadership conference focused on leadership, governance and social entrepreneurship.
- A three-year mentorship program for station managers and supervisors to develop their stations as successful social enterprises.
- Targeted leadership programs to engage youth, women, non-binary and Indigenous people.
- Professional development sessions for trainers in the sector, to increase the number of trainers with business, leadership and management skills in community media.
We're excited to get these projects underway, and will keep you updated as these training opportunities become available.