Tech for the Non-Technical workshop at Converge 2019
Registrations are now open for Converge – the annual national conference for the First Nations media industry. Presented by First Nations Media Australia. This year’s event will take place in Mpartntwe at the Central Australian Aboriginal Media Assoication (CAAMA).
The CMTO is excited to be featured in the line-up of preworkshops taking place on Tuesday November 26 and Wednesday November 27, 2019.
Tech for the Non-technical
If you’re not “tech” inclined, this can leave you feeling in over your head. This session aims to help you find out what you don’t know, and leave you knowing just enough. It covers phones, studios, transmitters, OBs, air conditioning, and a heap more. Presented in conjunction with Technorama and the Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO).
You will learn:
– What the stuff in your station does
– How to identify, describe, document and catalogue the stuff that you have now
– How to identify future needs in terms of your strategic plan and your current stuff
– Basic technical skills that everyone in your station could develop
– How to do to problem determination, identify faults and call for help
– Tips on building a technology team.
Presented by CMTO Trainer and Technorama President, John Maizels
The CMTO’s CEO, Giordana Caputo and Project Manager (Leadership and Enterprise), Charlotte Bedford will be in attendance, to support the delivery of the workshop.