Helpful Tips for Delivering Training Online!
As the CMTO continues to closely monitor the developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been following advice from the Australian Government Department of Health to ensure we are responding appropriately.
As part of our response plan, the CMTO has been progressing with training in a new online delivery format via ZOOM.
Below are some helpful tips and useful resources we have come across for trainers!
When conducting training via ZOOM, it is most beneficial to set the class up as a meeting rather than a webinar. The meeting function allows for an abundance of great features, including but not limited to:
- Breakout Rooms
- File Sharing
- Icon options (allowing students to raise their hand or share how they are feeling by selecting icons)
Key notes for trainers using ZOOM meetings:
- Blog: How to Use Zoom for Online Learning
- Blog: Best Practices for Securing Your Virtual Classroom
- Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Administrators and Staff
- Student Tips for Participating in Online Learning
- Education Guide: Getting Started on Zoom