Applications have now closed for Introduction to Journalism in Community Media course. If you are interested in this course, sign up to our bulletin to be updated when we offer it again.
Who is the course for?
Designed to develop the skills and experience of community broadcasters who are interested in journalism, news and storytelling. The Introduction to Journalism in Community Media course is suitable for experienced broadcasters or those who have no prior experience/formal qualifications in journalism.
What is covered?
- Community journalism ethics
- Why local storytelling is so important
- How to report on national issues from a local perspective
- Writing for radio news and current affairs programs,
- Interviewing techniques
- How to record and edit audio
What is the delivery format?
This course will be delivered via online learning with live webinars featuring industry professionals.
Key dates and links
- Applications close: 5 pm, Friday, October 30, 2020
- Course commences: 9 am, Monday, November 9, 2020
- Course completion: 5 pm, Friday, December 18, 2020
This project is made available with the generous funding from the Collier Charitable Trust, facilitated by the Community Broadcasting Foundation.
This online course was designed in partnership with Dr Heather Anderson and Dr Bridget Backhaus with support from Griffith University.