Applications have now closed for Introduction to Journalism in Community Media course. To join our waitlist please email our course coordinator here- Contact Us
Who is the course for?
Designed to develop the skills and experience of community broadcasters who are interested in journalism, news and storytelling. The Introduction to Journalism in Community Media course is suitable for experienced broadcasters or those who have no prior experience/formal qualifications in journalism.
What is covered?
- Community journalism ethics
- Why local storytelling is so important
- How to report on national issues from a local perspective
- Writing for radio news and current affairs programs,
- Interviewing techniques
- How to record and edit audio
What is the delivery format?
This course will be delivered via online learning with live webinars featuring industry professionals.
Key dates and links
- Applications close: 5 pm, Friday, October 30, 2020
- Course commences: 9 am, Monday, November 9, 2020
- Course completion: 5 pm, Friday, December 18, 2020