Radio Reading Service Programming & Access
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)
Course Type: Leadership & Enterprise
Training requirements: Cohort of 8-10 staff/ volunteers
Course fees per cohort (inc. GST):
|Delivery Mode||Subsidised rate for Community Media Orgs||Full Course Fee|
|Face to face||$1,650||$2,100|
Radio Reading Service is the on-air live reading of newspapers, magazines and other publications that otherwise might be inaccessible to people with vision-impairment, blindness or other print disability.
This course will help your station develop Radio Reading services as part of your station's programming. It will cover the kinds of programming you can develop, how to reach the radio reading audience, what training radio reading volunteers require, how to fit radio reading into your program schedule.
The course also touches on how to ensure your station is accessible to all members of the community.
This course covers:
- What Radio Reading is
- How RPH programming fits into in the community radio environment
- Discovering RPH Community of Interest
- Basic understanding of Standards and Codes for community radio programming
- Planning to make an RPH Radio Reading Program
- Understanding why it is important to create community radio access for people with disability
- Conducting an Accessibility Audit
- Writing a Disability Action Plan
CMTO Pathways courses do not lead to an NRT AQF certification.