Who is the course for?
The Introduction to Journalism in Community Media online course is designed to develop the skills and experience of community broadcasters who are interested in journalism, news and storytelling. The course is suitable for experienced broadcasters or those who have no prior experience/formal qualifications in journalism.
What is covered?
- Community journalism ethics
- Why local storytelling is so important
- How to report on national issues from a local perspective
- Writing for radio news and current affairs programs,
- Interviewing techniques
- How to record and edit audio
What is the delivery format?
This course will be delivered via online learning with live webinars.
This online course was designed in partnership with Dr Heather Anderson and Dr Bridget Backhaus with support from Griffith University.
Applications Open: Monday 19th July
Applications Close: Thursday 29th July
Course Start Date: Monday 2nd August
Course Finish Date: Monday 6th September