Station Tech for the Non-Technical
Duration: 6 hours (1 day)
Course Type: Technical
Training requirements: Cohort of 8-10 staff/volunteers (consisting of high level staff, board and/or committee members)
Course fees per cohort (inc. GST):
|Delivery Mode||Subsidised rate for Community Media Orgs||Full Course Fee|
|Face to face||$1,700||$2,125|
This session aims to participants find out what they don’t know about station tech, and leave them with just enough knowledge. It covers phones, studios, transmitters, OBs, air conditioning, and a heap more. This course is presented in conjunction with Technorama and is aimed at higher level station members including those on station boards or committees.
This course covers:
- What the equipment in a station does
- How to identify, describe, document and catalogue the equipment that a station has
- How to identify future tech needs in terms of strategic plans and current equipment
- Basic technical skills for all station staff and volunteers to develop
- Poblem determination, identify faults and call for help
- Tips on building a technology team
CMTO Pathways courses do not lead to an NRT AQF certification.