(Station Tech for the Non-Technical and Outside Broadcasting- 3 days)
Delivery: 18 hours (3 days)
Course Type: Technical
At the end of the package participants will have developed skills in station technology. This includes learning how to identify and document their station, the use of soldering iron and multimeter to effect simple repairs as well as assessing their station's current and future needs in all areas technical. This program can help fine-tune your station’s approach to grant funding applications by learning how to identify sources of advice and create strategic technology plans. The package also includes a two-day course in outside broadcasting, covering how to prepare, set up and maintain an outside broadcast.
The Station Technology Package
- Station Tech for the Non-Technical
- Outside Broadcasting
Station Tech for the Non-Technical takes six hours to deliver and Outside Broadcasting takes 12 hours. Both courses have practical elements for participants to practice what is taught in a supported environment.
If you’re planning on hosting this program, please consider these questions for the CMTO:
- How many people will take part in this training and what are their current skill levels?
- What resources do you have available at your station for training?
- When would you like the training delivered and over what period?
- What do you want out of this program? Is this about improving the on-air sound or about learning the skills to produce podcasts?
These details will help the CMTO prepare your trainer to deliver the outcomes you’re looking for.
CMTO Pathways courses do not lead to an NRT AQF certification.