At the Community Media Training Organisation (CMTO) we’re continually innovating in sector skills development, consulting on high quality effective training techniques and best practice in e-learning. The future of our sector depends on strengthening governance, nurturing leadership skills, and developing diverse income streams for financial sustainability.
A social enterprise and leadership development approach fits comfortably with the community aims of the sector:
- Social enterprises are socially-beneficial companies which reinvest profits back into their own activities and for the benefit of their communities.
- Leadership is a process which maximizes the efforts of others toward the achievement of a collective goal.
This project adapts the approach to meet the unique needs of community media organisations. With a focus on increasing diversity, it will foster existing leadership and enterprise potential within the sector through flexible learning and mentoring programs.
The project is in the initial planning phase while we consult with potential participants, contributors and partners to identify current best practice and training priorities in the community media and non-profit creative sectors.
We want to hear from you:
- Are you a potential trainer, mentor or mentee?
- How could the project help your organisation?
- What are your priorities?
- How would it work?
Give us a call on (02) 9318 9626 or email info [at] cmto.org.au.